WellPoint's high-tech reboot
Overseeing more than half of WellPoint's employees is Lori Beer, 45. Her title is executive vice president, enterprise business services, which means she's in charge of technology, procurement, and strategic projects. She strongly believes that smarter use of software and hardware is critical to throttling back unsustainable U.S. health care costs. She talked recently with Fortune about why healthcare is so far behind other industries in taking advantage of technology, dealing with her daughter's medical records, and much else.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending