Michigan HIE to span one-third of state
Michigan state officials announced Tuesday the formation of a new HIE, the Upper Peninsula Health Information Exchange (UPHIE), which will serve some 300,000 residents and span nearly one-third of the state. The Upper Peninsula Health Care Network (UPHCN) sponsors the UPHIE, which officials say aims to improve the quality, delivery and efficiency of health care through the collaborative use of information technology and clinical data exchange. UPHIE will facilitate exchange with some 900 UPHCN medical and ancillary providers, with the initial participants of the health information exchange (HIE) being primarily hospitals and ambulatory care centers, officials say.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals