Report: Medtronic helped draft, edit medical journal articles
A US Senate Finance Committee report alleges that Medtronic was heavily involved in drafting, editing and shaping the content of medical journal articles authored by its physician consultants involving its InFuse bone growth product used in spine surgery. This information was not disclosed, raising serious questions about the research conducted. Medtronic was paid $210 million over several years through royalties and consulting fees.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream