Health IT holds key to better care integration
A new report, Order from Chaos: Accelerating Care Integration, on improving and accelerating the coordination of care was released. Although it does not explicitly say so, a former head of Kaiser Permanente who helped draft the paper, Dr. David M. Lawrence, believes that it is nearly impossible to achieve the goals of care integration in the absence of well-designed IT systems.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%