Mining physicians’ notes for medical insights
One of the difficulties in extracting data from unstructured text, such as physicians' freeform notes, is what computer scientists call word-sense disambiguation. Researchers from MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory will present a new system for disambiguating the senses of words used in doctors' clinical notes.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers