Slideshow: ECRI's Top HIT Hazards
The ECRI Institute's Top 10 Health Technology Hazards report for 2013 highlights three serious hazards that ECRI says increasingly threaten both patients and providers. They involve electronic health records, health information technology systems, and personal mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablet computers, which can distract healthcare providers.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised