Children's Hospital tries 'crowdfunding'
UC Davis Children's Hospital in Sacramento is among those taking part in the launch of a "crowdfunded" hospital gift catalog, an Internet-based effort that raises money via small contributions from a large group of people. The national campaign is led by Fundly, which bills itself as the world's largest crowdfunding-for-good platform, and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. The effort enables individuals to purchase medical equipment and care for children at the hospital.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots