Children's Hospital tries 'crowdfunding'
UC Davis Children's Hospital in Sacramento is among those taking part in the launch of a "crowdfunded" hospital gift catalog, an Internet-based effort that raises money via small contributions from a large group of people. The national campaign is led by Fundly, which bills itself as the world's largest crowdfunding-for-good platform, and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. The effort enables individuals to purchase medical equipment and care for children at the hospital.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay