Obama victory re-energizes HIEs
In the wake of President Obama's reelection and a favorable Supreme Court ruling, a growing sense of certainty about healthcare reform is helping to drive the health information exchange market, according to a new report from Frost & Sullivan. In addition, the report notes, the stage 2 Meaningful Use requirements and market changes are increasing demand for HIEs. Entitled "U.S. Health Information Exchange Market: A Comprehensive Guide to Market Dynamics, Technology Vendors and Future Trends," the research and consulting firm's report predicts that healthcare providers "will significantly ratchet up their participation in HIE over the next 18 to 24 months."
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors