Obama victory re-energizes HIEs
In the wake of President Obama's reelection and a favorable Supreme Court ruling, a growing sense of certainty about healthcare reform is helping to drive the health information exchange market, according to a new report from Frost & Sullivan. In addition, the report notes, the stage 2 Meaningful Use requirements and market changes are increasing demand for HIEs. Entitled "U.S. Health Information Exchange Market: A Comprehensive Guide to Market Dynamics, Technology Vendors and Future Trends," the research and consulting firm's report predicts that healthcare providers "will significantly ratchet up their participation in HIE over the next 18 to 24 months."
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs