Obama victory re-energizes HIEs
In the wake of President Obama's reelection and a favorable Supreme Court ruling, a growing sense of certainty about healthcare reform is helping to drive the health information exchange market, according to a new report from Frost & Sullivan. In addition, the report notes, the stage 2 Meaningful Use requirements and market changes are increasing demand for HIEs. Entitled "U.S. Health Information Exchange Market: A Comprehensive Guide to Market Dynamics, Technology Vendors and Future Trends," the research and consulting firm's report predicts that healthcare providers "will significantly ratchet up their participation in HIE over the next 18 to 24 months."
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver