Should this doc have slammed her patient on Facebook?
An OB-GYN is in the middle of a social media maelstrom after complaining about a patient on her Facebook page. Dr. Amy Dunbar, 33, of St. John's Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis, Mo., posted on the social networking site in late January about a patient who continually showed up late to her scheduled appointments. When asked in the comments why she didn't cancel the procedure or transfer the woman to another doctor, Dunbar stated that the patient had previously endured a stillbirth. The post was publicly visible and not restricted to Dunbar's 470 friends.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told