Patients sue upstate NY hospital over records security breach
Former patients have sued Glens Falls Hospital and a medical records contractor after their records were stored on an unsecured computer server. Portal Healthcare Solutions and the Glens Falls, NY hospital face a lawsuit filed by two of the 2,300 patients whose records were stored on an unsecure system for several months, according to a report by the Post Star.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings