Patients sue upstate NY hospital over records security breach
Former patients have sued Glens Falls Hospital and a medical records contractor after their records were stored on an unsecured computer server. Portal Healthcare Solutions and the Glens Falls, NY hospital face a lawsuit filed by two of the 2,300 patients whose records were stored on an unsecure system for several months, according to a report by the Post Star.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised