ATA explores business of telemedicine
"This is an incredible time for healthcare, and we need to look at it from within a specific framework in terms of the dollars and cents of it." Those words, from American Telemedicine Association CEO Jonathan Linkous, form the backdrop for the 2013 ATA International Meeting & Trade Show's Finance and Operations track, which spans nearly 20 sessions on Monday, May 6, and Tuesday, May 7. Healthcare entities of all sizes – from the "solo doc" independent practice to the largest integrated health systems – are working through changes in payment models as fee-for-service arrangements yield to a mix of managed care, accountable care organizations, medical homes and capitated systems.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%