Hospital calculates the ROI of an iPad at 9 days
I've recounted the story behind this headline before (here) but there's a longer, more detailed version—and lesson. I attended a healthcare event last year that needs to remain nameless. It wasn't a big event. In fact, it was very focused and relatively small. That's about as much as we need to know because our headline came from that conference and the Chief Information Officer (CIO) who served it up wishes to remain anonymous. That's ok, of course, but the story and lesson are definitely worth reviewing.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- How Educated Nurses Save Money