Mostashari: Slow but steady interoperability progress
Achieving Farzad Mostashari's vision for a U.S. healthcare system where "every encounter and every patient has access to all the world's knowledge" will require a balancing of standards and innovation and a combination of IT and process change. "We are so far from that today," the national coordinator for health IT told the HIMSS 2013 Government Health IT Conference. "Today, my last visit doesn't contribute to my next visit in healthcare. Most discharge summaries don't get to the primary care provider; most referral summaries don't get back to the provider who ordered them."
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US