Healtheway HIE Announces Founding Members
Operating as a non-profit, public-private partnership, Healtheway supports the eHealth Exchange, a health information exchange, serving thousands of providers and millions of patients. Its founding members include health systems, technology vendors, and the American Medical Association.
Healtheway, Inc. the non-profit, public-private partnership that operationally supports the eHealth Exchange (formerly known as the Nationwide Health Information Network Exchange) Wednesday announced its nine founding organizations. Among them is Epic Systems Inc., the dominant supplier of electronic health record software to hospitals.
The organizations will supplement the involvement of the federal government that has coalesced around the eHealth Exchange. Healtheway's nine founding members are:
- The American Medical Association
- Epic Systems Corp.
- ICA, maker of the CareAlign interoperability and informatics software platform
- Kaiser Permanente
- MedVirginia, the first HIE to go live on the eHealth Exchange
- Mirth Corporation, which powers private HIEs
- The New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC)
- Orion Health, another HIE technology developer
- The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI)
The founding members' activities are meant to supplement the work of the Healtheway board of directors. Founding members will be charged with exploring new health IT opportunities and providing recommendations to the board regarding issues that would be of value to the full Healtheway community.
"Today's announcement reinforces our commitment to establishing a secure, interoperable nationwide health information exchange network that is capable of overcoming many of the challenging issues facing health information exchange today," said Michael Matthews, Healtheway Board Chair and founding member, and CEO of MedVirginia.
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- 3 NC Health Systems Form Shared Services Organization
- Hospital Pharmacies Prep for Drug Takebacks
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- CMS Forecasts 4% Medicare Advantage Premium Hike in 2015
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH