Online resource available for cancer patients choosing new health insurance
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Nineteen cancer and patient advocacy organizations have launched a web site to help patients choose insurance plans in the new health insurance marketplaces that will begin next week. CancerInsurance Checklist.org is a free resource -- paid for with a grant from Novartis Oncology, a division of the drug manufacturer Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. -- and is geared toward people with cancer, a history of cancer or a risk of cancer who will be picking new health coverage through insurance plans that will be available for purchase Oct. 1 under the Affordable Care Act.
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- When a hospital closes
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances