Healthcare pros react to Hillary Clinton's HIMSS speech
Hillary Clinton addressed her keynote comments at HIMSS14 to healthcare technologists and entrepreneurs from both sides of the aisle, but many who stood in line almost three hours before conference room doors opened were fervently pro-Hillary. That was apparent by comparing the volume and frequency of applause between the packed, main conference room and the busy overflow space, which had seats available. The crowd in the main room clapped more often, longer, and much louder than those in the spillover space. Some attendees were on their way home before Clinton's 4:30 p.m. keynote on Feb. 26.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'