Hacker group Anonymous targets Children's Hospital
The infamous computer hacker network known as Anonymous threatened to attack Boston Children's Hospital over the child custody case involving Justina Pelletier last month, just a few weeks before the medical center's website was subjected to numerous cyberassaults. Although there is no direct evidence linking Anonymous to the attacks this week against Children's, cybersecurity specialists said the incident bore the hallmarks of the mysterious network of Internet agitators who cripple a target's Internet operations with a barrage of traffic. Anonymous has made its interest in the case clear.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts