Hospital chain breach: How expensive?
The price tag for resolving the data breach at Community Health Systems that affected 4.5 million patients could potentially exceed $100 million, by some estimates. But how much will cyber-insurance cover? In an 8-K filing with the Security and Exchange Commission on Aug. 18, Community Health Systems says the 206-hospital chain "carries cyber/privacy liability insurance to protect it against certain losses related to matters of this nature. While this matter may result in remediation expenses, regulatory inquiries, litigation and other liabilities, at this time, the company does not believe this incident will have a material adverse effect on its business or financial results."
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- 76% of Physicians Don't Like CMS Quality Reporting Programs
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- Aetna Cuts 4 New Accountable Care Deals