THE COMPREHENSIVE SOLUTION TO HOSPITAL PHARMACY MANAGEMENT CHALLENGES
Donald J. Nickleson, President and CEO, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services, April 4, 2005
Decreasing reimbursement, escalating costs, increasing regulatory pressures, staff shortages and a host of additional issues continue to challenge today's top hospital administrators. This white paper offers a best practice approach to hospital pharmacy management and details CPS' operational technique, program concepts, goals, cost saving strategies and experience in the market that allows hospitals to identify areas for cost savings and enables them to implement a plan to achieve these goals and objectives. BY: Donald J. Nickleson, President and CEO Comprehensive Pharmacy Services, Memphis, TN www.cpspharm.com (PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'