THE IMPERATIVE FOR MEDICAL LEADERSHIP
ECG Management Consultants, December 12, 2005
In an era where CEOs must focus on quality initiatives, pay for performance, and clinical service line development, there is a dearth of physician leaders at most of our nation's hospitals. In our view, the alignment between senior management and physician leaders has never been more critical; for the first time, the clinical quality and economic imperatives of healthcare are becoming inextricably linked. The challenge for CEOs is to first acknowledge the growing dependence on physician leadership and then invest in the structure needed for it to happen. This white paper highlights best practices in physician leadership development, identifies the essential functions of physician leaders in the most successful health systems, and proposes several options for integrating physician leadership into your critical management processes. BY: ECG Management Consultants Seattle, Boston, Washington DC, San Diego, St. Louis insight.ecgmc.com.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer