THE IMPERATIVE FOR MEDICAL LEADERSHIP
ECG Management Consultants, December 12, 2005
In an era where CEOs must focus on quality initiatives, pay for performance, and clinical service line development, there is a dearth of physician leaders at most of our nation's hospitals. In our view, the alignment between senior management and physician leaders has never been more critical; for the first time, the clinical quality and economic imperatives of healthcare are becoming inextricably linked. The challenge for CEOs is to first acknowledge the growing dependence on physician leadership and then invest in the structure needed for it to happen. This white paper highlights best practices in physician leadership development, identifies the essential functions of physician leaders in the most successful health systems, and proposes several options for integrating physician leadership into your critical management processes. BY: ECG Management Consultants Seattle, Boston, Washington DC, San Diego, St. Louis insight.ecgmc.com.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues