Defining Organizational Values with One Question
Would you believe that effectively guiding your organization's values, culture and performance is as simple as asking yourself one question? Hint: It's more personal than you think.
Healthcare executive, Richard Jackson, reveals that what you believe and value, as a leader, is the primary driver of the beliefs and behaviors of your associates and organization. In this article, he shares surprising insights and examples applicable to emerging and veteran executives alike.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- HL20: Sam Foote, MD—The Courage to Speak Up
- HL20: Derek Angus, MD—An Intense Focus on Care
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare