Defining Organizational Values with One Question
Would you believe that effectively guiding your organization's values, culture and performance is as simple as asking yourself one question? Hint: It's more personal than you think.
Healthcare executive, Richard Jackson, reveals that what you believe and value, as a leader, is the primary driver of the beliefs and behaviors of your associates and organization. In this article, he shares surprising insights and examples applicable to emerging and veteran executives alike.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay