10 Questions for Improving Your Rehab Performance
Your inpatient rehabilitation unit (IRU) has always been a premier service for your organization. But with ever-tightening regulatory constraints, your IRU isn't the performer it once was. Maybe census has dropped, your operating margin may be compromised and/or employee expense has increased. Perhaps you've noticed that case management refers patients to your rehab competitors a bit too often. Why? It's time to ask some tough questions to gauge your organization's readiness to face the challenges of a changing business market.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'