Measuring and Improving ED Speed
Emergency department visits are already long, and they're getting longer. According to the 2010 Emergency Department Pulse Report from Press Ganey Associates, Inc., the average emergency room visit last year averaged four hours and seven minutes. It's the longest time they've ever recorded, a full 30 minutes longer than their first report in 2002.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law