Measuring and Improving ED Speed
Emergency department visits are already long, and they're getting longer. According to the 2010 Emergency Department Pulse Report from Press Ganey Associates, Inc., the average emergency room visit last year averaged four hours and seven minutes. It's the longest time they've ever recorded, a full 30 minutes longer than their first report in 2002.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending