Episode-of-Care Payment and Performance Solutions
On August 23, CMS announced its new Bundled Payments initiative which seeks to improve patient care through a performance-based payment system which will require significant preparation for both payors and healthcare providers. Bundled payments are considered a stepping stone toward ACOs since bundles for acute care encompass all aspects of the care continuum which could result in a shared savings for providers. Learn how healthcare organizations can prepare for ACO an environment.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues