Episode-of-Care Payment and Performance Solutions
On August 23, CMS announced its new Bundled Payments initiative which seeks to improve patient care through a performance-based payment system which will require significant preparation for both payors and healthcare providers. Bundled payments are considered a stepping stone toward ACOs since bundles for acute care encompass all aspects of the care continuum which could result in a shared savings for providers. Learn how healthcare organizations can prepare for ACO an environment.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts