Engaging Patients Online
According to Pew Internet Research, 88% of consumers use the internet to make health decisions. However, few healthcare delivery organizations are investing in integrated online marketing strategies that could amplify the quality of care delivered and boost patient recruitment and loyalty.
Hospital marketing leadership should rethink the role that their online presence will play in recruiting new patients, maintaining loyalty from existing patients and fulfilling their brand promise. As hospital administrators and technology officers grapple with the enormous challenge of integrating electronic health records, marketers are beginning to embrace the multiple online channels that drive new patient acquisition and deepen patient loyalty.
Engaging Patients Online discusses the challenges—and the rewards—of developing stronger relationships with patients by creating an online content management ecosystem and social media.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition