Engaging Patients Online
According to Pew Internet Research, 88% of consumers use the internet to make health decisions. However, few healthcare delivery organizations are investing in integrated online marketing strategies that could amplify the quality of care delivered and boost patient recruitment and loyalty.
Hospital marketing leadership should rethink the role that their online presence will play in recruiting new patients, maintaining loyalty from existing patients and fulfilling their brand promise. As hospital administrators and technology officers grapple with the enormous challenge of integrating electronic health records, marketers are beginning to embrace the multiple online channels that drive new patient acquisition and deepen patient loyalty.
Engaging Patients Online discusses the challenges—and the rewards—of developing stronger relationships with patients by creating an online content management ecosystem and social media.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare