Engaging Patients Online
According to Pew Internet Research, 88% of consumers use the internet to make health decisions. However, few healthcare delivery organizations are investing in integrated online marketing strategies that could amplify the quality of care delivered and boost patient recruitment and loyalty.
Hospital marketing leadership should rethink the role that their online presence will play in recruiting new patients, maintaining loyalty from existing patients and fulfilling their brand promise. As hospital administrators and technology officers grapple with the enormous challenge of integrating electronic health records, marketers are beginning to embrace the multiple online channels that drive new patient acquisition and deepen patient loyalty.
Engaging Patients Online discusses the challenges—and the rewards—of developing stronger relationships with patients by creating an online content management ecosystem and social media.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion