Engaging Patients Online
According to Pew Internet Research, 88% of consumers use the internet to make health decisions. However, few healthcare delivery organizations are investing in integrated online marketing strategies that could amplify the quality of care delivered and boost patient recruitment and loyalty.
Hospital marketing leadership should rethink the role that their online presence will play in recruiting new patients, maintaining loyalty from existing patients and fulfilling their brand promise. As hospital administrators and technology officers grapple with the enormous challenge of integrating electronic health records, marketers are beginning to embrace the multiple online channels that drive new patient acquisition and deepen patient loyalty.
Engaging Patients Online discusses the challenges—and the rewards—of developing stronger relationships with patients by creating an online content management ecosystem and social media.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014