Shared Decision Making: How Do We Get There?
If you ask most physicians, they'll tell you that they work with their patients to make informed decisions.
But study after study shows that patients aren't getting the information they need to feel comfortable with their decision, adhere to the recommended treatment, and achieve better long-term health outcomes.
What can hospitals do to encourage shared decision making among clinicians and patients?
In this new white paper by Krames StayWell, the second in our Shared Decision Making series, we explore this question and provide some practical strategies, tips, and recommended tools for making shared decision making a reality in your organization.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- HL20: Sam Foote, MD—The Courage to Speak Up
- HL20: Derek Angus, MD—An Intense Focus on Care