The Observation Unit as a Catalyst for Efficiency
Observation Units (OUs) that provide evaluation and care for up to 48 hours will become an increasingly important part of the hospital in coming years. This white paper will present the environment factors that have fostered the emergence of OUs, the benefits that they create, and the strategies that hospitals are using to integrate OUs in order to capitalize on this opportunity for the future.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts