Staffing in Rural and Critical Access Hospitals
Marvin Drake, VP & COO, HeW interviews Travis Singleton, Senior VP, Merritt Hawkins
It's no secret to anyone that staffing is an increasingly significant challenge for rural and critical access hospitals. Through HeW's AsK program, we received several questions specific to staffing in rural and critical access hospitals. To address these questions, HeW enlisted the expertise of Merritt Hawkins, the most successful in the physician recruiting industry, placing thousands of physicians and advanced practice allied healthcare professionals nationwide.
In this interview, Mr. Singleton addresses staffing related questions specific to retention, funding, the impact of electronic health records and the need to implement sound operational processes.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law