Empowering Case Managers In The ED: A Strategic Role Benefits Patients, Care Teams, and Providers
Empowered Emergency Department (ED) case managers can help hospitals and health systems deliver more coordinated care across the care continuum, while reducing readmissions and increasing clinical quality and patient and staff satisfaction. This white paper provides recommendations for case managers' optimal roles and responsibilities in the ED, and includes examples from a leading healthcare organization who has seen significant benefit from transforming its approach to ED case management.
Huron Consulting Group
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?