S&P Healthcare Claims Indices: Checking the Pulse of the Healthcare Market
In October 2013, S&P Dow Jones Indices (S&P DJI) launched the S&P Healthcare Claims Indices (the indices). This new index series is designed to provide an independent, timely measure of the changes in healthcare expenditures and utilization for individuals enrolled in commercial health insurance plans in the United States.
S&P DJI developed these new indices in conjunction with healthcare professionals at Health Index Advisors (HIA), a joint venture between the premier actuarial and consulting firms Aon Inc. and Milliman Inc. S&P DJI combined its knowledge and experience in developing leading indices with HIA's experience in the healthcare market to develop the first index series of its kind, based on actual healthcare claims data. These indices seek to increase transparency in the healthcare market and enable the analysis and tracking of changes in healthcare expenditures.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion