CREATING SAFER PERINATAL DEPARTMENTS IN HOSPITALS
HealthStream, June 1, 2006
Electronic fetal monitoring (EFM) is the focal point in almost half of all obstetric malpractice cases. However, training in this proficiency (EFM) is severely lacking-at every level of professional education of clinical personnel. This report documents the magnitude of the problem and presents a compelling rationale for online EFM training as a powerful solution to help create safer perinatal departments in hospitals. BY:Mollie Elizabeth Condra, Ph.D.HealthStream, Nashville, TN www.healthstream.com.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law