CREATING SAFER PERINATAL DEPARTMENTS IN HOSPITALS
HealthStream, June 1, 2006
Electronic fetal monitoring (EFM) is the focal point in almost half of all obstetric malpractice cases. However, training in this proficiency (EFM) is severely lacking-at every level of professional education of clinical personnel. This report documents the magnitude of the problem and presents a compelling rationale for online EFM training as a powerful solution to help create safer perinatal departments in hospitals. BY:Mollie Elizabeth Condra, Ph.D.HealthStream, Nashville, TN www.healthstream.com.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream