Hospitalists In Community Hospitals
QHR, November 20, 2006
Hospitalists, as more than one CEO has noted, are the future in acute-care hospitals. As health care has evolved - with family practice physicians mostly engaged in office-based practices, internal medicine specialists largely removed from caring for inpatients, and critical care andemergency medicine physicians taking specialized roles - hospitalists increasingly began to fill an important niche: the general care of hospitalized patients.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer