Hospitalists In Community Hospitals
QHR, November 20, 2006
Hospitalists, as more than one CEO has noted, are the future in acute-care hospitals. As health care has evolved - with family practice physicians mostly engaged in office-based practices, internal medicine specialists largely removed from caring for inpatients, and critical care andemergency medicine physicians taking specialized roles - hospitalists increasingly began to fill an important niche: the general care of hospitalized patients.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers