5 Healthcare Uncertainties Made Clearer
Summer may be winding down, but while many CFOs found time to take a vacation, the business of healthcare did not slow down.
In fact, there's so much going on that it's dizzying to keep pace. Much of this summer's healthcare discussions have centered on uncertainty and everyone from the financial ratings agencies to politicians to physicians are stirring the pot. So, in case your much-needed time off didn't allow for you to keep up on all the big healthcare news, here's the rundown:
1. SCOTUS decision confusion. Though the Supreme Court's ruling on the constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was supposed to offer some clarity, it didn't in all areas. Pay attention to these in particular:
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts