5 Healthcare Uncertainties Made Clearer
Summer may be winding down, but while many CFOs found time to take a vacation, the business of healthcare did not slow down.
In fact, there's so much going on that it's dizzying to keep pace. Much of this summer's healthcare discussions have centered on uncertainty and everyone from the financial ratings agencies to politicians to physicians are stirring the pot. So, in case your much-needed time off didn't allow for you to keep up on all the big healthcare news, here's the rundown:
1. SCOTUS decision confusion. Though the Supreme Court's ruling on the constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was supposed to offer some clarity, it didn't in all areas. Pay attention to these in particular:
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'