LifePoint's Bill Carpenter wants to keep patients out of hospitals
The chairman and CEO of LifePoint Hospitals offered his leadership advice to more than 500 local business leaders who made their bleary-eyed way to Lipscomb University early this morning for the quarterly Nashville Business Breakfast. Carpenter spoke to the future of the health care industry, which is seeing increasingly compressed margins and pressure from the government and public to be more efficient. In 10 years, Carpenter said, he hopes health care is about keeping people out of the hospital, a seemingly counterintuitive statement coming from a man whose job is to run hospitals.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care