A twist on retail health
Capital Blue is an innovative effort by Capital Blue Cross to reach one community with basic health and wellness services. It may sound a bit off the charts, but as Donna Lencki, Capital BC Chief Marketing Officer explained at Monday's session on consumer engagement at the World Health Care Congress in Washington, DC, "we look at the retail location as an opportunity to engage our members, our consumers, or our community in a different fashion." As with any upscale store, Lencki said the emphasis is on customer service. The 6,700 square-foot space and prime location provide an opportunity to potentially reach some 650,000 residents within a 30 minute drive.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening