Editorial: HMA investing further in local economy, healthcare
A shift in the business plan of a major Southwest Florida health-care provider still seems to bode well for our area. Pelican Bay-based Health Management Associates plans to expand its Physicians Regional Medical Center at the Vineyards in North Naples after pulling out of a potential showdown with Lee Memorial Health System over rights to build a new hospital in southern Lee County. Given an impressive display of public support for Lee Memorial — via more than 2,000 residents' letters to state health care regulators and more than 50 backers at a local public hearing the other day — HMA's choice to consider other opportunities to the south seems well reasoned.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal