Premier files for IPO of up to $100 million
Premier Inc. has filed plans for an initial public offering of up to $100 million in common stock, as the hospital-owned health-care alliance aims to raise proceeds for working capital and general corporate purposes. The company is owned by 181 U.S. hospitals, health systems and other health-care organizations and upon completion of a planned reorganization, all of those owners will own Class B stock in Premier. Premier's alliance was formed in 1996 through a merger, though the oldest entity of that group had existed in 1969. About 72% of Premier's member owners have been part of the company's alliance for more than 10 years. [Registration required.]
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus