BlueCross CEO Bill Gracey takes health care personally
From Bill Gracey's perspective, the tangled mess of health care seems like a surmountable problem. Gracey is CEO of BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, and his career has run the gamut. He has worked in psych wards, community hospitals, teaching hospitals, rural hospitals, doctors' practices and home health agencies. Before joining BlueCross in 2010, he held top executive positions at other major Nashville-area health care companies, such as HCA and LifePoint. He spoke with Tennessean reporter Shelley DuBois about his vision for the industry.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care