PA hospital aims to help uninsured by listing prices
When you go to a drive through for fast food, you know exactly what it will cost you at the next window. But right now, if you're in need of a hospital outpatient procedure, it's like a fancy restaurant with no prices on the menu. The Heritage Valley Health System plans to change that. "Hospitals and health care have become more retail," said Dan Murphy with Heritage Valley Health System. With hospitals in Sewickley and Beaver, heritage valley will begin posting prices for 25 common outpatient procedures – doctors' costs would be extra.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care