LCMC Health signs deal to run New Orleans East Hospital
In addition to receiving the go-ahead Wednesday from the Jefferson Parish Council to operate West Jefferson Medical Center, LCMC Health formalized its agreement this week to take on the operation of the New Orleans East Hospital, now under construction. In a cooperative endeavor agreement with the city signed Monday, LCMC — formerly Louisiana Children's Medical Center — agreed to replace the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System as the 80-bed hospital's operator. The agreement runs for 15 years, with an option for two five-year renewals.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening