HHS: Obamacare enrollment hits 7.5M
Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on Thursday told lawmakers that enrollments in ObamaCare's exchanges have reached 7.5 million. This figure includes the 7.1 million people who signed up as of March 31 and an additional 400,000 who have taken advantage of a special enrollment period that will end April 15. The 400,000 may also include state-based enrollees who were not reported on March 31. Sebelius made the comment before the Senate Finance Committee, where she appeared to testify on President Obama's proposed HHS budget for 2015.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013