Judge freezes civil lawsuits against Exeter Hospital until 2013
Superior Court Judge Kenneth McHugh has granted a motion filed by the hospital's attorney to temporarily halt the discovery process for the civil cases, which will temporarily prohibit Exeter Hospital Chief Executive Officer Kevin Callahan and other doctors and staff from answering questions or giving any sworn statements about a hepatitis C outbreak. A Merrimack Superior Court judge will hear arguments from the hospital and the state over access to medical records on Oct. 17. The state is seeking broad access to the hospital's medical records for its ongoing investigation, while the hospital seeks guidance on what they can release.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically