Opinion: Expand Medicaid
A man with a history of mental illness is arrested for murdering and mutilating his grandmother in her home in the Avenues. In the aftershock of the tragedy, family members complain that the murderer had been diagnosed with schizophrenia and had recently slipped into violent behavior, but he did not receive the inpatient treatment he needed. This is the latest in an endless line of stories recounting inadequate mental health resources in this community. But there may be a beam of light in this tunnel. It will come in the form of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013