Opinion: Expand Medicaid
A man with a history of mental illness is arrested for murdering and mutilating his grandmother in her home in the Avenues. In the aftershock of the tragedy, family members complain that the murderer had been diagnosed with schizophrenia and had recently slipped into violent behavior, but he did not receive the inpatient treatment he needed. This is the latest in an endless line of stories recounting inadequate mental health resources in this community. But there may be a beam of light in this tunnel. It will come in the form of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?