OIG work plan will examine physician practice billing
The Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General will focus some of its work on determining the effects of nonhospital-owned physician practices billing Medicare as hospital-based physician practices. The agency's Work Plan for Fiscal Year 2013 highlighted several new areas of concern surrounding hospitals, which are all under OIG review.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer