Crucial test for an outpost of healthcare
There are 1,250 federally funded clinics nationwide that provide healthcare and social assistance, surviving on a mix of grants, fundraising and reimbursements from government insurance plans. With the major elements of President Obama's healthcare reform set to begin in 2014, they are being tested like never before. Millions of low-income Americans are expected to begin seeking out doctors and routine healthcare when they become eligible for insurance coverage.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year