Hutcheson Medical Center has system-wide profit in September
Hutcheson Medical Center officials reported an overall system profit for September. September marks the first month since January 2009 that Hutcheson has reported a system-wide profit. Factors contributing to the profit included a higher hospital census, more surgeries, and an increase in emergency room patient volume. The hospital census for September was up 60 percent, total surgeries were up 32 percent, and seven percent more patients visited Hutcheson's emergency room.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives