Vote delayed on oversight of UMC
A decision on the future of University Medical Center will wait. Clark County commissioners on Wednesday, facing an important vote on whether to ask the Legislature for permission to turn over hospital oversight to a full-time board, decided to revise a bill draft proposal and bring it back in two weeks. The decision came amid concerns that the draft included language that would allow the hospital board to sell the hospital and its facilities, although UMC CEO Brian Brannman told commissioners that was not the intent.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers