Slideshow: 2012 HealthLeaders 20
They are nurses and physicians. They are researchers and executives. They are providers and payers. They are watchdogs and innovators. And they are patients. They are this year's HealthLeaders 20—people who are making a difference in healthcare. Their stories are sometimes tinged with struggles or challenges, but always, ultimately, with success.
Our sixth annual list of honorees, chosen by the HealthLeaders Media editorial staff, reflects the broad range of influences and actors in healthcare today. Read their profiles here.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers